In this episode, host Nalin talks to Carla Kopp about marketing for Weird Giraffe Games.
– [1:02] All of the project Carla is currently working on and how she started in the board game industry.
– [7:39] Creating new community activities to share and learn together online, in the current “new normal” context.
– [12:19] Having the opportunity to choose who to work with, prioritizing working with creators who have a good attitude towards the creation process of their game, and who are fun to work with. For this, online communities with organic and real relationships have been very useful.
– [15:10] Choosing a team of people and creators who can bounce ideas and have opinions to make games even better.
– [18.38] The process of working with a publisher for a game can take a long time, up to years. It requires a long marketing strategy, approaching reviewers, getting feedback, finishing the game. There is no “one size fits all” strategy.
– [25:21] How to target people on the mailing lists for different games. Email is king, and it let’s create a special treatment for super fans.
– [31:09] The importance of having an online presence for creators, to share their game constantly and creating a name for themselves and their game. Take advantage of all of the people online and the feedback they can give.
– [34:39] How to contact Weird Giraffe Games and Carla Kopp!
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also listen to the podcast here!