In this episode, host Nalin talks to Evangelos Foskolos about marketing for Legendary Metal Coins that raised $50,284 on Kickstarter.
– [1:03] The projects they work on: over 10 campaigns of boardgames, accessories and additions to successful products.
– [3:50] The strategy to get backers to return to new campaigns including keeping backers included in the process behind the scenes and asking backers what they want.
– [6:31] Planning ahead for stretch goals and controlling their manufacturing costs (as manufacturers themselves)
– [10:33] The importance of being active in forums and groups and how it helps with building credibility
– [14:12] How prelaunch engagement is crucial and the need to be part of conversations happening online and create organic engagement with audiences.
– [16:42] Being present in an organic way is important for recognition when you launch.
– [19:44] They try to reach reviewers 4 to 6 months ahead of time so there’s plenty of room for delays or if things to go “wrong”, and also so reviewers can plan their schedule ahead of time and reserve a feature slot for this new product.
– [22:06] The importance of launch day, everything that needs to be done and spending those first 24 hours online.
– [25:35] We go into the mid campaign slump and the content you need every single day to keep people engaged and continue to bring traffic.
– [28:22] For paid ads, Facebook is what works best for them because it’s the tool that better allows them to change the parameters of the audience to target
– [33:02] How every little thing you do helps market your campaign and they all play off one another. The more you build your brand presence in different spaces, the better.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Final marketing tip from Evangelos to new board game creators:
“My one piece of advice is to prepare. Make sure you have researched everything before launching the campaign. It’s better to delay the campaign until you are ready and people know about your game before you launch it.”
Legendary Metal Coins Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drawlab/legendary-metal-coins-season-5
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog: https://meeplemarketing.com/
You can also listen to the podcast here!
You can also check it out on Stitcher, Castbox, and Podbean!
Don’t forget to subscribe, follow, or leave a review for the podcast!