In this episode, host Nalin talks to Will Carson about Indipro.
– [2:03] How Will went from role-playing games in his childhood, to become a tabletop game distributer with the goal to bring indie games to the store shelves.
– [4:36] How creators can work with Indipro to promote and distribute their games. When working together since pre-launch, Indipro will advise you on what can be also improved for marketing and distribution reasons, which can in itself help for the success of the campaign.
– [9:35] A good game will always have great gameplay and a clear rulebook/video.
– [11:43] How many copies work better, the type of packaging and pricing per style of game.
– [19:15] Using Kickstarter as a way to fund creating a game vs. using it as a way to find a bigger market.
– [21:57] The services and help you can get with Will and Indipro.
– [26:11] Reorders and the distribution process timeline.
– [28:54] How to connect with John and Indipro.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Final marketing tip from Will to new board game creators:
“Have an audience already, and if you can, launch it in a time where you plan on being at least one if not more conventions, so you can get that synergy going.”
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also check it out on Stitcher, Castbox, and Podbean!