In this episode, host Nalin talks to Bradley Field about marketing for How Game Are You? Couples Intimacy Edition that raised AU$ 10,503 on Kickstarter.
– [0:54] Where the original idea for How Game Are You came from?
– [4:54] How personal networks worked as the base for the Facebook marketing strategy.
– [8:14] Getting reviews, going to conferences, and getting shout outs from the sexologist who helped with the psychological part of the game to make sure everything was in order.
– [12:25] The pre-launch and launch day Facebook marketing strategy aimed at family and friends.
– [15:45] The importance of starting early with the reach out to reviewers, and having a clear timeline planned out.
– [22:14] The timing in releasing the reviews gotten to keep up the momentum.
– [23:24] Asking for people’s help to recommend and talk about the campaign while it was live, as well as updating people on Facebook about the development of the campaign and the funding.
– [26:24] Creating branding and getting emails and feedback on a gaming conference. How, in retrospective, the targeting could have been better.
– [33:48] How Facebook, at the end of the day, was the best marketing strategy for the game.
– [37:21] The new projects coming up.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Final marketing tip from Bradley to new board game creators:
“Friends, family, and existing contacts can be a real help when you need a boost or encouragement. Make sure you tell them about your project early (the good and the bad) and bring them along for the ride.”
Kickstarter campaign: https://bit.ly/32JNLiZ
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also listen to the podcast here!
Don’t forget to subscribe, follow, or leave a review for the podcast!