In this episode, host Nalin talks to Chris Rossetti about marketing for Galaxy Dice that raised $16,115 on Kickstarter.
– [3:21] Taking an early passion in games and creating a business out of it
– [5:33] The importance of a good pitch video
– [7:53] Investing heavily in the art upfront since it is the first thing people see for a game
– [9:45] Being very active in The Game Crafter community and building long-term relationships with other game designers
– [12:01] Not paying for reviews of the game and connecting with new and upcoming cerators in that way
– [15:00] The exact elements Chris makes sure to include in all his Kickstarter videos
– [17:57] Purchasing an easy-to-remember domain that automatically redirects to his Kickstarter page
– [22:01] How to create an enticing pricing strategy to get people to back, especially the no-brainer pricing strategy
– [30:53] Finding engaged fans and brand ambassadors to spread the word about the game
– [34:06] Building a Kickstarter launch model to continue designing and launching games as a hobby
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Galaxy Dice Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/603343698/galaxy-dice
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also listen to the podcast here!
Don’t forget to subscribe, follow, or leave a review for the podcast!