In this episode, host Nalin talks to Josh Patton about marketing for Animo: Cross Trainers that raised $21,545 on Kickstarter.
– [2:00] What Animo: Cross Trainers is about, and how this narrowed down the marketing to a specific market.
– [6:06] Collecting emails in niche specific conventions, announcing upcoming expansions, and using facebook ads as part of the pre launch marketing campaign.
– [10:36] Understanding the audience: After getting visitors to the landing page, using this information to re target the facebook ads and get new leads.
– [15:11] Having small giveaways of the game cards at conventions as an incentive to start conversations and collect emails.
– [20:35] Creating sales flyers for customers inviting them to check other products on the series when they buy one.
– [22:41] The 3 emails sent on the week prior to launch to remind people and build excitement about the campaign.
– [24:06] Using facebook groups to share the launch day.
– [25:55] Having a giveaway and a monthly facebook challenge helped in the live campaign as an organic promoter, since people were sharing the kickstarter site with their own networks.
– [31:49] The most successful marketing strategy was having a limited personalized premium reward at the very beginning of the campaign.
– [36:54] The new projects coming up.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/animogames/crosstrainers-series-2-of-animo
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also listen to the podcast here!
You can also check it out on Stitcher, Castbox, and Podbean!
Don’t forget to subscribe, follow, or leave a review for the podcast!