In this episode, host Nalin talks with Jon Caspian, from Jon Caspian Media, about everything related to video production for crowdfunding. He tells us about the most important parts when creating visual assets, how he does storyboarding, and how he has managed to pivot his business model after 2020. Don’t miss out!
- [01:29]: Jon tells us how he went from being a cruise ship performer to a video producer by chance. How he learned from another professional photographer. And how he eventually decided to start as an entrepreneur video producer by himself.
- [04:59]: The most important part to start creating a promo video is to have the assets close-to-perfect to be able to show people the idea behind the design and gameplay experience.
- [12:05]: How Jon does A/B testing for his videos and what he takes into account to know what might work and convert best.
- [17:36]: There’s no cookie-cutter solution or setup for every promo video for a game. It depends on what your game is about, your assets, and overall on listening to what would speak faster and better to your audience.
- [24:00]: How Jon does storyboarding and some tips you can take too.
- [29:25]: Why taking the right amount of time to reach out and create videos and visual assets is crucial for success.
- [33:38]: Jon talks about some of his all-time favorite Kickstarter videos.
- [36:07]: What Jon is working on now and how you can get in touch with him.
- [38:08]: How Jon has pivoted his business model after 2020, and what’s coming up in 2021.
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast
You can also check it out on Stitcher, Castbox, and Podbean!
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.