In this episode, host Nalin talks to Wes Woodbury about marketing for DIE in the Dungeon that raised CA$ 73,676 on Kickstarter.
– [1:31] Balancing a full-time job while designing games
– [3:03] How to get people into the game’s Facebook group
– [5:26] His thoughts on openly sharing your game, mechanics and art before launch
– [7:20] The best kind of feedback you can get while designing a game (hint: has to do with online playtesting)
– [13:18] Effectively using stretch goals as a way to maintain momentum
– [16:34] How to engage your community of backers with a social share campaign and other in-campaign surprises
– [20:29] Ways to engage with the game community through the content that you create
– [23:17] How to engage different content creators like previewers and reviewers to help promote the game throughout launch and beyond
Thanks for listening to the Board Game Marketing Podcast!
Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fundamentalgames/die-in-the-dungeon/
For more information on how to market your game, be sure to check out the Meeple Marketing Blog.
You can also listen to the podcast here!
Don’t forget to subscribe, follow, or leave a review for the podcast!